The Department of Defense (DoD) will sunset the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Degree Network System (DNS) and Career Technical Education (CTE) resource list on March 29, 2019 to focus on initiatives that better reflect today’s higher education landscape.
SUNSET OF SOC DNS AND CTE PROGRAMS
Based on these changes in the DoD Voluntary Education Landscape, DoD will sunset the SOC DNS and CTE on March 29, 2019. SOC will work closely with DoD and participating institutions to communicate and coordinate this process between now and March 29, 2019, when the networks will be fully sunset. Based on the low usage of the networks, DoD does not anticipate any negative impact to Service members enrolled in SOC DNS and/or CTE programs.
Changing DoD Voluntary Education Landscape
SOC GoArmyEd Support
Specific Notes and Milestones for SOC Member Institutions
SOC DNS AND CTE PROGRAM SUNSET TIMELINE
The timeline for sunsetting the DNS and CTE Programs is as follows:
- January 2019 – Announcement of sunset
- January 2019 – Communications with institutions participating in SOC DNS and/or CTE
- February 2019 – Ongoing coordinated communications with stakeholders and responses to frequently asked questions
- March 2019 – Final student agreement data collection calls and transition activities
- March 2019 – Update Government and institution web sites and marketing materials to remove references to the SOC DNS and CTE resource list.
Visit SOC's online Knowledge Base to view Frequently Asked Questions.